The Estonian Auditors' Association is a public-private network of 150+ audit firms, standing for a reliable business environment in Estonia.
The Estonian Auditors’ Association:
- is a leader in initiatives supporting the development of Estonia as a smart economy with a competitive and transparent business and investment environment;
- leads and participates in public discussions in order to increase public awareness of the auditors’ value proposal;
- cooperates closely with different interest groups, state authorities and business organisations;
- contributes to the development of the financial regulatory and legal framework;
- supports provision of high-quality assurance services by organising trainings for professionals, exchange of information, networking, and oversight of the audit profession.
Members of the Association, when providing professional business consultancy and audit services, act as partners of:
- companies in making forward-looking management decisions;
- the state in the development of the economic environment;
- the public in providing confidence in financial information.
The main services of Estonian auditors are the audit and review of financial statements, assurance services regarding transactions (due diligence, valuation of non-monetary contributions, special purpose audit, verification of the legality of transactions), agreed-upon procedures according to their clients’ needs, and consulting and trainings on legal matters, tax issues and accounting.
The audit firms have a competitive advantage in providing business consulting services in the market, as they are able to create added value to their customers. This is possible by utilising the thorough and diverse financial knowledge and experience an Estonian auditor gains in working with tens, sometimes even hundreds of Estonian and international companies over their careers. The conduct of an assurance engagement in accordance with international standards and ethical requirements is ensured by a strongly established internal control system and regular quality monitoring.